Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im happy to have the feedback from so many SLK owners/enthusiasts/experts.........,,,Please advice me about the fact that right now I have in my R-170 230 ................2004 .............................235/35 ZR 17 in front and 245/45 ZR 17 rear..................... but I still want a higher profile and wider look both in front and rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I´m concern about the fact of affecting the lifespan of the suspenssion/ shock absorbers or the performance and driving safety.

THANKS.................

By the way my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
I know and love your country, enjoy every trip to it; especially in the winter :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Im happy to have the feedback from so many SLK owners/enthusiasts/experts.........,,,Please advice me about the fact that right now I have in my R-170 230 ................2004 .............................235/35 ZR 17 in front and 245/45 ZR 17 rear..................... but I still want a higher profile and wider look both in front and rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I´m concern about the fact of affecting the lifespan of the suspenssion/ shock absorbers or the performance and driving safety.

THANKS.................

By the way my e-mail is [email protected]
Welcome to the forum from Santa Monica, California!

Not sure if you are planning to use the same 17 inch wheels you have now, if so, width and offset would be good to know.

Honestly, I would not recommend that you go wider on the fronts.

Rear tires of 255/40/17 will probably fit, and probably fit on your wheels, but again, wheel width and offset is important to be sure.

Also, by higher profile do you mean going from your current 45 aspect ratio to 40 aspect ratio on the rear? Or the reverse?

Reactions: enzoretina

·
Registered
512 Posts
welcome from washington dc!
newbie, as well.

Reactions: enzoretina

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks SLK32

Welcome to the forum from Santa Monica, California!

Not sure if you are planning to use the same 17 inch wheels you have now, if so, width and offset would be good to know.

Honestly, I would not recommend that you go wider on the fronts.

Rear tires of 255/40/17 will probably fit, and probably fit on your wheels, but again, wheel width and offset is important to be sure.

Also, by higher profile do you mean going from your current 45 aspect ratio to 40 aspect ratio on the rear? Or the reverse?
Thanks again I´m planning to maintain the same 17 inch wheels, but remember I live in a underveloped country in which the roads are not in good shape so I need to have a good tire mattress (shock absorber) to deal with all that lunar craters we have here that´s why I´m looking to increase the profile,,, And yes I´m planning to keep the 17 inches and 7.5 width wheels ,maybe you are going to think that 7.5 is little but I choose that because I want the tire to have like a CHEEK that protects the wheels from shocks and side impacts ,,,cause I hate those rim wheels scratches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I agree in not increasing the front tires but what about increasing the profile from 35 to 45????...Ás you notice I´m an amateur and forgive me but I don´t know how to measure the offset,,,,,,,,,Thanks for your help,,,hoping to see you soon in PANAMA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome from New Hampshire
Thank´s and hoping to see you soon inPanama mainly in summer time that goes from January to april,,,cause there´s no rain at all, iss very sunny ,very dry, hot and windy,,so we can go out with no risk of getting the car interior wet,,,laughs...laughs,

again thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks

welcome to the slk world forum!
trhganks for the welcoming,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,by the way i need to improve the look of the armrest,,,maybe with a wood look due to the fact that the rest of the dashboard have a wood appearance,,,i don´t care about changing it or jus resurfacing it......

Thanks for your help

1 - 20 of 25 Posts