Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
958 Posts
Well my definition of project is - buy car, polish, and drive! I like the idea of fitting that SoftTop mod myself but I don't have the time to do major mechanicals or the tools and space to do it. Plus the car will need to be drivable so the wife can use it. Any changes / repairs need to be done over a weekend. So I'll pay market price for a good car. And then replace anything that looks worn out. I know extended warranties cover up to 100K and cost about $3000. Are they worth it on a car that going to cost me around 12-15K?
I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty. What color are you looking for? I will have a white one for sale pretty soon.

·
* Registered
Looking for a Florida registered SLK55 (R171) AMG
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm open on colour. And keen to see any photos you might have if you can send them. This is not the 'beast' you have been supercharging is it? At least that's what it looked like you were doing in your posts. But that car was black wasn't it?

·
* Registered
Looking for a Florida registered SLK55 (R171) AMG
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty. What color are you looking for? I will have a white one for sale pretty soon.
I'm still getting the hang of posting here. I think I needed to reply to your question, so I am trying again - I am open on color. White will match my other car, so that works for me. I also thought you posted about supercharging your SLK and looking at the posts it was actually Jeff. If you have photos to send me direct about the white, please send them. And if you have a breakdown of info about it, the price etc, I'd love to know that. Not sure if you can contact members direct but I can send you my email if needed. Just let me know.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.