Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Philip Kondilas from Oceanside (north of SD) Ca. 2001 SLK with 34K miles. Manual transmission.
I just posted about pulling a P0120 code and checking the MAF and then replacing the Accelerator Pedal assembly. I drove up to San Fran with no problems. I did notice a slight hesitation in the acceleration after 500 miles of driving above 4 K RPM.
The next morning I had the same acceleration problems that occured before I replaced the accelerator pedal assembly. (RPMs would not go over 2K) I could not get the car over 40 mph. I calibrated the accelerator pedal assembly (turn the key to position 2 and hold the pedal fully depressed for 15 seconds the to the off positio for 2 minute) and the problem went away. Later that day I saw the CE light. I do not know when it turned on (light blocked by blinker control stem). I assumed that since I had not cleared the P0120 code that when I got home and erased the codes nthe light would go out. I checked the codes and had P0300, P0304, P0305, P0306. Tried to erase and the codes stayed.
Am I having a run of bad luck or is the accelerator perdal assembly somehow tied to the cylinder misfires. Thanks,
Philip

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sorry that I can't be of help.

However, welcome!! Sounds like a great SLK with so few miles.

I'm hopeful you'll get it sorted soon and be able to enjoy that beautiful car.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,648 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan..... Hope you get your problem resolved!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts