Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! Just bought a 2001 SLK 230 Kompressor last Thursday. Bought it from a retired teacher that bought it new. It has 125000 miles on it and she had spent over $3800 on it since last February replacing the engine mounts, the transmission module, the harness, sending unit and o2 sensor. She didn't drive it much for the last few years and I've been working on it cleaning it up real nice. I got it for not much more than her repairs and my wife and 14 year old daughter are over the moon. It runs great, the only thing I've found that doesn't work is the back and forward control on the passenger seat. The seat back still works along with the up and down control on the lower portion of the seat. I've still got to wax it and refinish a couple of the wheels. I refinished the one that had the most clearcoat cracking with oxidation below on Saturday. It has the seven spoke wheels and I sanded the clear off and slowly polished it out with progressively finer sanding discs. I still need to take care of the peeling console but this site has been a great help. My wife drives an 08 Infiniti G35 and she's already talking about selling it. Needless to say we are very pleased and I can't seem to get the girls out of the car long enough to wax it. I've not been this excited about an automobile in a long time. I didn't have this many folks coming over to look at one of our cars ever. Everyone just smiles when they stop by. Looks like my wife and daughter will have to fight it out when my baby gets her license in a couple of years!

·
Registered
65 Posts
GREETING from Philippines...It's great to be connected and informed from a great forum venue...It's balance, informative and very helpful for SLK owners... Go ahead express yourself, personality and desire...the joy of riding and bliss of your journey is in your SLK... Shombol of Philippines is here to stay...

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from a not so top-down London! Hope you are having the same weather up in the NW that we had down south of I10 last week!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,105 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts