Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
New member from Norway here. Just got my 2005 SLK 200K a few weeks ago, and really loves the car! It's close to perfect - just a few slight tears and wears to sort out. Will be my fun car:) - for everything else I've got the Volvo V70!

I plan to keep it as original as possible, but some minor mods will probably be done during the next months...

And if anyone wonders why it's only a 200.... Due to extremely high tax on cars (especially on horsepower and CO2) a brand new 200K costs close to 100k USD as a baseprice.... Mine costs half that...! The good thing is that the cars are normally kept very well, and retains a quite high secondhand value.

Safe drive, everyone,

regards

Stig

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London, and I'm sure you'll take some ribbing over your name! ;-) I understand your concern, last time I was in a bar in Oslo, the beer tax was quite a surprise! :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,620 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome from Odessa, Ukraine. I also have a 2005 200K, you Norwegians are funny people, specially when drunk LOL.
Had a conversation with one norwegian guy who now studies in Poland, tried to hit on bartender girl while being drunk))

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts