Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife Joanne has now got her dream car !!a cheap and damaged slk 200 it just needed a rear subframe ,rear offside wing and a wheel .It should be taxed and on the road on monday the 18th of oct . It was the only way to afford this fantastic car . we live in swarland village near Alnwick northumberland .It's beutiful up here and we are looking forward to going to some of the meets etc..I am still looking for a cheap drivers airbag and drivers door .It's great to think this page will be all round the world in mins!! I still however have a problem with the rear windows not going up ...very frustrating !! I have posted this question on one of the other pages 'hoping someone has a quick fix before I book it in at mercedes .I also had a windscreen put in from cand p windscreens they took one hour and a bacon sandwich with a cup of tea and done a great job ,from the horror story on this forum in america I read about a crew who did not have a clue about this job and took 5 hrs and two crews of men !!! anyway...I'm waffling .sorry hope to meet some owners soon cheers Joanne and Stephen

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from just down the road near Darlington. Keep looking at the UK section of the forum for details of upcoming meets, and videos from previous ones.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
603 Posts
Welcome from Stockton on Tees I have mentioned having one of our runs up in Northumberland and possibly meeting at Bamburgh castle. If you haven't seen any of our runs have a peek at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KXN3WIoqY for one of the 2009 runs and go to the drop down on the left of the YouTube page for one of the 2010 runs.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,456 Posts
Stephen,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.......

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome from Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, England!

I am defo up for a trip to bamburgh castle!, been up there recently but now ive got the SLK, well hopefully this week!, im looking forward to trips!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Also welcome from Kent, I'm new too, and can't wait for the first Sheep Run... meet the guys and gals, talk cars and drive them through some stunning scenery with the wind in your hair... ahh bliss

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello again from freezing northumberland! Well at last we taxed our billy basic slk 200 ,went to pick it up from mercedes £450.00 for one tiny broken wire to fix the window problem....thank goodness it's done,great help ,by the way from simon the merc tech .at newcastle merc dealership hard to find , My Joanne wanted to drive it so she shot off like a rat up a drain pipe ! I tried to keep up in my hilux.....no chance!! but as she was pulling away from the lights ,I noticed the car was crabing very badly Obvious the rear hub must have suffered in the original bump ,and it was juddeing sideways over the potholes ..****! **** **** How can I stop her?? Can't phone her , She wont pick up ! Can't catch her in the hilux ! **** ! what now...Think !Think! Think !......just then, on the motorway, the traffic was slowing, brake lights everywhere ****! somthing has happened ! My heart pounding ,god the traffic was so slow ,edging forward I was trying side to side to see ahead , Then in the distance ...I could see a , is it, no, yes there was .......a big jcb slowing up the traffic,THANK GOD .I managed to get ahead a little and there she was ! in the lay by with a police car (I clocked the car was ok !) They stopped her saying it was 'in a very unstable condition'My Joanne was dissapointed as they had spoilt her fun ,but tookit all like a lady the young police officers were very happy with there find ,Well done!Then insisting the traffic cops were involved ! so another half hour delay.The traffic cop was not interested and seemed like these two beat bobbys have spoilt his lunch .I ended up going home and returning with an 'A' frame with shame at having to tow not drive .So Im off to get a rear hub this morning and I hope it fits,it's from a different model but I will keep you posted ...isn't life great! regards Joanne and stephen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts