Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new, from Long Island. I haven't purchased my SLK yet, but I am going to soon. It's a 2006 350, silver with ash interior, with about 30k miles with airscarf, premium package, and a few other things. Doesn't include the CD changer, which I'm a little pissed about because of the iTronics unit.. however, I think I'm going to go with a Parrot 9100 and put the screen in the ash tray, microphone behind the mirror, unit in the glovebox for iPod, and get the UNIKA to connect to my steering wheel. Do I need a harness for this too? Should I try and install it myself or should I get it done professionally?

Only thing with this car is that MB wants 28k for it, but it is CPO.. good deal?

Thanks guys

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. What audio system does it have in it COMAND?, Audio 20?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw the iTronics unit, but it is a bit pricey. The Parrot mki9100 seems to do the same thing for a lot less, especially since I don't have nav nor the cd changer and command

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles. What part of Long Island are you from? My fiance is from Oyster Bay and I've been in the area quite a few times.

Silver with the ash interior is a great look. 28k for that car seems reasonable, but not anything amazing. I bought my car with CPO and I've used it more than once for warrenty issues.

I have the CD changer but I rarely use it. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,435 Posts
Marcr92,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,258 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone have a free VIN checker?

I am now looking at an 05 350 with 38k miles, silver on black

I'd really appreciate it. The VIN is wdbwk56f45f038380

Please PM AND email [email protected]

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.. really want to get into an SLK, just have to find the right one

1 - 20 of 22 Posts