Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2000 SLK 230 Kompressor. It runs great and the only problem is that winter is starting to arrive in upstate New York and I will probably put it in the garage as soon as they start putting salt on the roads. The car is really my wife’s, she has always loved the way they looked, and this one was in our price range. Everything seems to work well and my only concerns are the driver’s side view mirror, which looks like it lost its seal, and the MB hood badge, which seems to have lost some of its design. I figured I could get these items off of eBay and fix them this winter. This looks like a great forum and I have already gotten a lot of useful information from it.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome. You may want to consider a battery trickle charger when the vehicle is stored for the winter.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,482 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the welcomes

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will definately be putting a battery maintainer on it when I put it away for the winter. I have to do that with my tractor and motorcycle for the winter. I just went to the garage to measure the hood badge for a replacement on eBay and see that my son must have taken it somewhere. Oh well, I am sure I will get to drive it sometime.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,445 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the welcomes

Thanks for all the welcomes and useful links. The weather is getting unpredictable now in upstate New York. Twice this week I rode into work with the top down and all was right with the world, and yesterday I had to leave it in the garage because we had hail, wet snow, and freezing rain (I live on top of a hill at so it can be snow or freezing rain at my house and just raining once I get off the hill).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts