Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm the guy that found a 2000 SLK230 WITH ONLY 1300 MILES ON IT last month for sale on Ebay in New York. I bought it and had it shipped to California (for only $600) and it arrived last week. What a great little ride! It was a Wedding anniversary gift for my wife. It's absolutely cherry. Was stored indoors since 2000 and is in perfect condition. A brand new 2000! A lucky find and I'm embarrased at the low price that I paid for it. I'm glad to have found this forum website and it'll help me enjoy this car even more.
Regards,
Chris (and the real owner, Carole) in Roseville, Ca

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live just down the street from you in Lincoln. There's great information on this site. Hope you enjoy your stay.

PS. That's an awesome deal on the car transport. Might I ask who you used? Was the service good?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome.

Have a local independent MB shop do a quick check on the fluids (engine oil, radiator, brake), check for codes, check condition of the brakes, rotors, tires, spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, HVAC, wiper blades, etc. just to make sure they're all in good condition and don't need replacement.

Enjoy the ride & congratulations on a nice find.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
AWESOME find!:hail:

I too found mine but it had 16K on it when I got it. I drive it everywhere and now have over 50K. That low mileage is great but I would also look into an extended warranty.

You can do a search for extended warranties and find lots of peoples experiences, costs and deductable info.

I use Continental Extended Warranty. I like them and have no complaints about them.

One of the first things that needed replacing when I got it was the tranny shift seal? (I think.) It had been garaged for so many years it had hardened? and started leaking from use. I paid $50 deductable and they picked up the rest of $1300.

I have had 4 other issues that has brought my repairs over the $2500 I paid for the extended warranty so it turned out to be a good buy for me.

Ain't nothing cheap at the dealer when it comes to repairs!!!! LOL

Enjoy your ride!:rb
Post pictures of it when you can!:)

SLKman:tu:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.