Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i am buying my first SLK this coming weekend.. And happy to find this forum and to become part of the SLK club soon!

Looking forward to have fun driving!

Cheers,
Dimitri

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wished it was new..

i am still looking for a good deal, but hope to finish the hunt this weekend..

my 2 options right now are

a 2006 280.. 55k miles.. base model.. for $19k.. dark blue

VIN is WDBWK54F46F102812

and a 2007 280.. 70k miles.. loaded with nav, HK sound, power everything etc. for $24k.. black on black

VIN is WDBWK54F67F147106

i am taking them to my mechanic tomorrow for a check..

the 2006 felt a little sluggish while driving but still good for me, and it seems that it didnt pass smog at one point from the history.. but it would be good for my first SLK it seems.. to get the feel.. it comes with 3 months warranty from the dealer.. when i check carfax on it it talks about some voluntary emission recall.. i wonder whats that about..

the 2007 looks great, felt good when driving, comes with 0 warranty.. a crack underneath the front bumper.. am wary of the milage..

both dont feel like good deals to me, i would like to spend less on a better car.. but i am taking them to my mechanic tomorrow, and see what he says.. my biggest worry is that the car will start breaking down on me, i been driving a mustang for the last 7 years, and i really dont know what a broken down car is, taking them to shops etc..

so i am tired of worrying and thinking about pro and cons.. hope to finalize a deal this weekend and just go from there.. :)

if you guys have any tips, thoughts on those cars.. pls, i would appreciate it!

thank you

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,124 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck on the search was very exciting to go looking for one and then when you get it....it's all you think about lol

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator
than you for your tips!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,124 Posts
oh and you can just hit the 'thanks' button on the bottom right of each person's comments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts