Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am babysitting this 2004 Slk 230 for my brother in law while he is overseas. It was in pretty bad shape cosmetically and the oil hadn't been changed in over a year/ 12k miles. Dents dings and the inside was a nightmare. So I consider this a project car.

I will post pics soon but for now I have posted a DIY on horn replacement.

I will be starting my auto electrical course in 2 weeks followed by auto electronics in the fall.

I look forward to learning from other members and hopefully providing as much value as possible as I complete more repairs/upgrades on my slk.

Feel free to comment question pm regarding the DIY. I want to learn as much as possible about this cool little car.

Regards,

Marcus

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,231 Posts
Hi Marcus!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Marcus!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator
Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hang on there pardner!? Is it your bro in law's or yours???? ;)

Good luck on your project! It will be a great surprise for your bro in law when he gets back I'm sure. :usa:
Technically it is his, but I have the option to buy. I wanted to test it out before committing. So far I love it. I will decide before major improvements i.e. Paint job.

I plan on repairing that famous hydraulic leak so many of you have already experienced. I bought the kit and instructions on ebay for $30. Dealer wanted $4000. Lol.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,231 Posts
Marcus, going forward, you can hit the 'thanks' button on the bottom right of anyone's posts.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcomefrom southern California.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts