Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A long time member but roughly 3 years after joining this is my first post! (Must be close to some kind of record?!) :grin:

I joined back in 2011 as part of my research, I was looking to get into an R171 SLK55 AMG. However, circumstances changed very shortly after joining and I stopped visiting the site.

However, fast forward to about a month ago and I'm back and yes ... second attempt at trying to get myself into .... yep ... an R171 SLK55! :grin:

So fingers crossed it works out second time round! .... never owned an AMG before and always been an 'M' man having had 4 M3's in the past but really want to tick the AMG box now!

Only ever owned one Mercedes in my time ... that was a 190E Mercedes Cosworth 2.3 16v Auto and hoping/looking forward to getting back into a MB.

Thanks for reading!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,575 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,922 Posts
Hi Zainster, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Best o luck on your search. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,408 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands... I got my first SLK (a 2005 R171 SLK 55 AMG) exactly 2 weeks ago today, and I think I've managed to have the roof in the boot every day since I got it (and at least one evening too - Airscarf is great)! ;)

Good luck with the search for your perfect AMG! :)

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,103 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining...again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love Herts

Congratulations on reaching the peak... Appreciate the view!! :smile:

Herts is a great county for avoiding speed cameras. Take care and enjoy the experience.

I replaced my MX5 with the SLK a few months ago after falling in love with both. But, the SLK grows on you more and more every time you drive it, while the MX5 was beautiful, but lacked finesse - I ended up with the better car.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,408 Posts
<-- snip -->
I replaced my MX5 with the SLK a few months ago after falling in love with both. But, the SLK grows on you more and more every time you drive it, while the MX5 was beautiful, but lacked finesse - I ended up with the better car.

@Moggins, my 18 year old son bought himself a Mk1 MX5 just over a month ago. I figured that if he can drive a 2-seater convertible, then why can't I?!... I picked up my SLK 2 weeks ago, and it's been growing on me every day since then (I think I've had the roof in the boot every day since I got it, and even at least one evening too - airscarf is great!). :)

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. Good luck with your search.

Woolly - Founder & Super Moderator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands... I got my first SLK (a 2005 R171 SLK 55 AMG) exactly 2 weeks ago today, and I think I've managed to have the roof in the boot every day since I got it (and at least one evening too - Airscarf is great)! ;)

Good luck with the search for your perfect AMG! :)

Thanks! I've spoken to a few dealers to lookout for any but could be a wait with the limited choice waiting for the right one!

I saw your thread with the pictures of your '55 and it looks absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on reaching the peak... Appreciate the view!! :smile:

Herts is a great county for avoiding speed cameras. Take care and enjoy the experience.

Thank you!

Agreed, Hertfordshire isn't too bad at all although I used to live in Hampshire before and at the time I had an S2000 and it was alot of fun!

That's what I'm hoping. .. a car that grows on you and doesn't end up being a one trick pony! I'm sure that's not the case here!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

Best Wishes on your search.

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys.

I'm excited at the prospect of getting my hands on a slk55 but is frustrating waiting for 'the'one as there's never many on sale.

I spoke to a MB dealer a couple days ago about one they've had on sale for ages. ..

I suspect it's too highly priced but he said no its because the slk55 is a hard car to sell as not many are looking to buy this type of car.

but he still wouldn't budge much on the price lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts