Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm here in Glendora California. I'm wondering if someone could either give me some advice or point me to the right thread on this site. I'm looking to buy my wife a used SLK 230 (1999-2003). It would just be a weekend car putting about 4000 miles a year on. I'm hoping to spend about $10,000 or a little less, is this a realistic expectation? I used to have a 1986 560SL and it ran strong with over 200k miles wondering how these little 4 cylinder cars do? I can do some maintainence on my own. I own a 1991 Ferrari 348tb and do some of the basic maintainence. I have found these types of websites most helpful in finding out information (ferrarichat.com) and getting help on repairs. Thanks for your help :)

Brent

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire, i would start your search on ebay and your local MB dealer. There are plenty of R170's out there for cheap money now that the model has been around for a bit. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from New Hampshire, i would start your search on ebay and your local MB dealer. There are plenty of R170's out there for cheap money now that the model has been around for a bit. Good luck with your search.
Thanks! There seems to be a lot of cars out here. I'm hoping to purchase before the end of the year.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
Brent,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That price range ($8K) is about right for a newer SLK230 (post-2000) I believe. Should be easy to get one. In fact, a member from San Diego just sold his a few months back for $8500 and that one had a lot of extras (performance mods).

We were just in your area yesterday with a group from the forum, cruising the local mountains!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow thanks for all the reply's! I'm going to get a membership to the forum to help support the website and keep doing the research. I'm leaning towards trying to get at least the 2001 or later at this point. If I have questions and can't find the answer checking previous threads through the search option, where is the best place on the board to post my question?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . If I have questions and can't find the answer checking previous threads through the search option, where is the best place on the board to post my question?

Thanks,
Brent
Anywhere in one of the R170 sections - it's not that important. Most of the 'regulars' just hit the New Posts button, and don't really look to see which section it's in.

And thanks very much for your upcoming membership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts