Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for my first SLK 230 and joining a SLK Forum seems like a logical step in my search for a car. I am specifically looking for a 2000-2004 R170 . . . I like the in-line 4 and the Kompressor (of course!). There was one here in Eureka a few months back but it had issues. I hope to find one in the Bay Area or Sacramento and not have to travel to LA. I would rather not get a salvage title vehicle if I can help it, and would prefer a one-owner with 50-75 K that has been garaged and well kept. It will be my second (summer) car, garaged and looked after. I plan on keeping it for a long time (10-20 years) so I want to start with "good stock". Any advice on what to look for as the buyer would be appreciated and any links to a quality car would be grand! I would like to avoid red, if possible, but who knows? I do like the '99 in Sacramento, it is a beautiful car, just wish it were a '00. What do you guys think, am I being too picky about the differences between the 98-99 and the "facelift" of 2000 . . . 2 extra gallons of gas is nice . . . and winking mirrors are a nice touch. I am checking CL every other day or so . . . and I will be checking in here. My family is in Boise, ID so I am looking forward to the 650 miles (one way) in the Kompressor. The shortcut through Oregon will be a real delight.

Glad to be here . . . imagine some of you may be making a run up the 101 this summer, let me know and perhaps we can meet for coffee in Old Town?

Thanks

D.
:)

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from the south.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Welcome....beautiful area you come from. I have a spread sheet you could use to track and evaluate the cars you are looking at on the web. Drop me an email ([email protected]) if you like.

Highly recommend cars.com (it has good filters for distance and what you want) and autotrader is ok. Avoid Autonation imho. What is CL?
John

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, OK, OK . . Not a "New" Member, but it has been Years . . .

Mea Culpa, I have a 2000 Designo Orange with almost 110,000 and 7 wonderful years, 2nd owner. I have a "cottage industry" small business manufacturing my inventions on the net, so I can spend a fair amount of time on the net and then have not the gumption for more, so I have been dodging the forum. I will be more attentive in the future, not that I have much in real SLK knowledge, I just clunk along on the bits and pieces I find here. But glad to be back and will toss my 2 cents in every now and again. I do like the new weekly update feature coming to my inbox. Very nice.

·
Super Moderator
10,295 Posts

Welcome to SLKWorld.com from Northern
California

:burnout::Beer:

I've seen you cruising down 101. :D

List of Useful SLK Links >https://slk-links.neocities.org/Links.html

PARTS Information on Mercedes SLK R170 R171 R172 >https://slk-links.neocities.org/

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html
<---------------------

We have a free to enter monthly competition.
Entry is open from the 1st to the 15th of every month. You simply post a reply with 3 photos.
After the 15th we usually open a poll for members to vote on their favorite.
Here's the main thread:
<---------------------

ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes
Benz SLK Forum

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.