Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a red 2007 SLK 350 two weeks ago and haven't been able to stop smiling since.

Looking forward to upgrading the radio and installing a couple K&N Filters.

All the best!

Fred

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
Fred,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Dallas Texas......

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy...and why K&N? Personally, I'd stay away from any oiled air filter.

I may get a meet going for South Central-Eastern/Eastern Indiana. There are some very nice roads in that corner of the state. Also, for a bit of a heads-up for the future, Saturday, June 2, 2012 there will be a meet in West-South Central Indiana.

Again, Welcome!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I had a K&N in my last vehicle and experienced improved top end performance. I put over 150k miles on my K&N with no MAF issues but maybe the Mercedes is more susceptible to oil.

Galo,

You're absolutely correct, the backspace of SE Indiana are very fun to drive. I'll keep an eye out for meet information.

Cheers,

Fred

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Cool Fred! I know many MR2 owners who had MAF problems with K&N's, but maybe they needed you to do the re-oiling :tu:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts