Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all from Cary, NC. I just bought a 2001 SLK320 with a 6-speed manual transmission and the AMG Sport appearance package. Pictures are forthcoming. I've been lurking on this forum for three weeks; which was amount of time from my initial inkling that I'd like to have one, to the time I took delivery.

During that time I've been very pleased with the overall tone of this forum community and the tremendous international participation. Also, my purchase was made much easier because I was able to learn from the forum members about common interior appearance issues that shouldn't dissuade me from my purchase.

I plan to replace the factory sound unit with a Soundstream VIR-4344NRB, and add a Navibox-1. I had to play detective through quite a lot of posts to learn about whether the factory Bose amp was usable (no, because of optical inputs) in the context of the upgrade. Along the way, I was again pleased to see that members who were mistaken or weak in their electrical theory were gently provided with the correct information without the snark and mean-spirited pridefulness characterizing many anonymous online exchanges.

So, I'll end my long-winded hello. I'm looking forward to along and happy relationship with the car and this forum.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,445 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. Congratulations on your new car.

Along the way, I was again pleased to see that members who were mistaken or weak in their electrical theory were gently provided with the correct information without the snark and mean-spirited pridefulness characterizing many anonymous online exchanges.
Don't worry, we don't allow 'snarks' here :)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Enjoy the new toy! How close are you to the Dragon? I drove a JCW MINI from Ft. Worth to Deals Gap a few years ago and had a wonderful time. It would be fun to meet up with a few SLKs some day and do it again. Breakfast at the lodge at Fontana Village was almost as much fun as the drives on 129.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois! Love North Carolina. What a wonderful state.....we vacation in Carolla and always feel welcome.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
A very good assessment of the core members of this fraternity (and I include the ladies in that!) - everyone is welcomed, whether pondering their purchase (me at the time), planning an outing, or rectifying a problem (large or small).

Welcome - many members down your way! From Ottawa Canada.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow!, I'm so pleased with all the greeting from the forum member! Thank you all!

Deal's Gap is about 350 miles west of Cary, NC. I've never heard of it until now. That might be a nice overnight trip. Hmmm....

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
. . . Deal's Gap is about 350 miles west of Cary, NC. I've never heard of it until now. That might be a nice overnight trip. Hmmm....
Google deal's gap and the dragon. It's an awesome road and beautiful area. Found Cary on the map, and the dragon would be a great weekend run! North Carolina is a beautiful state (as you already know).

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,445 Posts
Tail of the Dragon, rt 129 from NC to TN, is about 11 mles long but has something like 318 curves and most are hair pin turns. The wife refuses to do it again. Tractor trailer trucks are told not to do it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi! from beautiful Weddington, NC

Welcome aboard to the best SLK info site on the web!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts