Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks and my best wishes to you all.

I've owned my 320 since 2006 and still love it like the first day I got it .
Test drove the 280 recently and I couldn't tell much difference between the later car and mine so why pay an extra £10000 ?
Looked at a nice 350 which was tempting but it had 50000 and mine only has 27000 .

When the later car came out in 2004 I really didn't think it looked as elegant as mine but the more muscular look has " grown on me " more now. Because it came out I did get mine for a good price with only 7000 on the clock .

Main reason I've joined you guys is to learn more about these great cars.

I'm also a fan of the SL and the 911..
The SLK , SL and 993 911 are the cars I like best .

Used to have a 911 SC but it became expensive to keep in its lovely restored condition. ( Still on Gantspeeds's restoration site ..( Called Kermit )

All for now..

Paul

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. If you like 'driving ', the R171 is a much better drivers car - steering, handling - no comparison with the R170.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada! Sounds like you're happy with your choice...which is what it's all about!

Woolly...Berliner is going to get soooooo angry..lol

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from Manchester.
I agree the R171 looks more muscular. That is until I saw the new R172 :(
Now I just need about 4 years of patience until I can afford one second hand!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Dallas Texas.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts