Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Aaron, and I'm a brand new member here. So I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a bit about me and my interest in the beautiful and alluring SLK. :)

I'm 22 years old, and I live in Louisiana where I was born and raised. I'm a software developer (or "computer programmer" in laymen terms), and I am relentlessly working on bringing my small business up in the corporate food chain. I also just started work/training at another company (part-time) that is developing a 3D game/simulation engine.

I've been the proud owner of a Mercedes-Benz SLK 280 for two years now. It's one thing I've never regretted buying for one second! They are absolutely amazing cars and drive like a dream. This is my first Mercedes-Benz (or high-end car period) that I've ever owned or driven. I was initially planning to buy a BMW Z-Series, but seeing the shiny, silver 2006 SLK in near mint condition at an excellent price peaked my interest. I gave both cars a test drive, and found myself instantly in love with the SLK. The hard top, as opposed to the Z's soft top, also played a major factor in my decision. Not only do I like the looks of a hard top convertible more, but it's generally more secure (both against damage and theft). So I chose the SLK without a second thought! This took me straight from an old F-150 pickup (originally the cheapest single-cab XL which I did my best to fix up as a teen) to a Mercedes-Benz. Needless to say, this was a change that felt absolutely wonderful! :)

It's a pleasure to meet you all for the first time, and this looks like a very nice community. I frequent the Baton Rouge and Denham Springs area of Louisiana, and can often be seen tearing down the back roads northeast of the city (near Watson and sometimes Walker). :)

I could only find one picture of my true love on my PC, of the interior. I'll post a proper picture of it some time, but until then:

She's still in excellent condition, even after having her two years. However, just the other day, I somehow got a little crack in my front bumper. :confused: It has about 25K miles on it.

Nice to meet you all, again!

Regards,

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Aaron from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts
Aaron,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the warm and friendly reception! :)

I just did as suggested by jbanks15: updated my details and added my vehicle. I don't have any other pictures yet, but I will fix it up nicely when I find where I stored all of my many photos (I think on a USB flash-drive somewhere around here).

It's a pleasure to be here, and I'm impressed with how both friendly and active this place is. Also, all of you have great taste in cars! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts