Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody:
I am new member hear, I am planning to buy the 2009 SLK300, I am from Toronto, Canada. Can anybody give me the basic price guide for 2009 SLK300 in Toronto area? I know the MRSP, but absolutely no idea in the reasonable price I can bargain with the dealer.

Greatly appreciate in advance!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome SLK_new_buyer. Others from Canada may chime in soon. Have you tried checking Kelly Blue Book and edmunds?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,620 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location.
Also, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta, no idea about Canadian prices, but someone should be along with some info soon.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Of course... this is my OPINION. I'm sure there will be many others and none are wrong. Just food for thought.

Rule of thumb, most dealers have approx 10% of the MSRP to play with to give you a discount. That doesn't include manufacturer rebates.

So if a car was $70 000 MSRP and you got it for $63 000 I would say you got a pretty darn good deal.

Some things I consider when purchasing for a dealership

Dealers are usually more willing to discount add-ons and extras. So when you're dealing with the 3M coating and the SMART program and the police security program and getting trunk nets or a mercedes jacket or car cover.... that's where you want to negotiate for value.

While it's an old school train of thought...
You want to build a relationship with your dealer. A relationship is more than just price for car. In the current economic environment you can grind a dealer down to just about nothing. However, when you come back in 4 years later asking for them to help you out with mitigating a repair etc they might just remember you as that "cheap jerk who didn't want to pay us for anything" and not do much for you. Or they might remember you as "the customer who has bought 3 cars in the past 10 years and we don't want to lose their good money". (as I said... old school of thought, but I still follow by it)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.