Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've been lurking on this site for almost a year now and haven't actually said hi yet. I bought my '01 320 last may from a craigslist ad. The car had about 66k on it when I bought it. 12k later, and after reading all the maintenance you guys are comfortable with doing yourselves, I decided to replace all the air filters, the hood strut, and plugs and wires myself. With this site, and a little help from youtube, I was able to do it all in a weekend. I'm glad I decided to do it because after pulling that first plug, it was obvious they had never been changed. I can't imagine what a dealer would have charged me for this basic service but seriously thanks for inspiring some confidence and saving me some money.

P.S. the BAS/ESP light came on after I finished with the job. I was only able to start it and pull it back into the garage after being finished (due to having a few too many beers in the process). I was worried about the warning but about a half mile down the road on the way to work this morning the light went off and hasn't come back on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Now you are no longer lurking, hello and welcome from South Yorkshire, have the same model as yourself, plugs had been done just before I bought the car but oil and filter to change in a week or 2 when weather warms up.

Congratulations on your home maintenance, probably the only way to get to know your car.

Regards Stuart.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,460 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,789 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

I used to live in Paducah Ky!

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Hi from Hull, UK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts