Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and in the market for a slightly used SLK55 AMG in the UK. I have found one at a MBMD which is just about fully loaded (ex demo), in fact according to the specification it has everything fitted including the full AMG performance package!!!??

I have a couple of questions:

What is the 030 package?
What is the best ipod interface?

Thanks

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome Redwing.

030 package has the Nurburgring (sp ?) suspension, even stiffer than the stock AMG suspension. It has a different set of wheels than the stock 55.

What model year is the 55?

Cannot comment on the ipod interface as I don't have/use one.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
What is the best ipod interface?

Thanks
Depends on the year model of the car. The updated COMAND in the '09's is very, very good. The older cars have a less than ideal integration solution, and as I recall, is only available on the SLK's with COMAND. My SLK is a US model, so I'm not 100% on the iPod options with the various HU's in the UK.

If it's not an '09 and has COMAND but does not already have the iPod integration, I'd say go with an AUX cable first. See if you can live with driving the iPod using the iPod interface rather than the COMAND. If you decide you really want true integration, I'd recommend the Denison Gateway 500 over the OEM kit. I've already order mine, and it's waiting for my next trip to the states for the install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your assistance guys.

The vehicle I'm looking at is a 07 year model and I'm told it has the FULL AMG package fitted as standard, it has rims which look like split rims (small studs around the rim. I guess this means it is not an 030 model - is there any specific identification?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Not sure about the wheels you describe, could be aftermarket. Of all the options, I could live without the 030 performance package. If you find a used SLK 55 with it, it's a plus.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Yes per your description it seems that the car your looking it is truly an authentic 030 Performance package SLK55 AMG.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Thanks for your assistance guys.

The vehicle I'm looking at is a 07 year model and I'm told it has the FULL AMG package fitted as standard, it has rims which look like split rims (small studs around the rim. I guess this means it is not an 030 model - is there any specific identification?
This is the one fitted on the 030 package.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
030 comes with quite a bit... Although it's fairly costly to add the option new, you can probably find a used vehicle with it at a great deal. To me, that option is kind of like adding a pool to your home. The original owner pays a great deal of money for it. It adds little to the resale value. The subsequent owners truly reap the benefits.

030 comes with:
-larger rotors
-larger calipers (in MY08+ as the new non-030 calipers are smaller than the first few years)
-CF trim inside
-upgraded suspension
-better steering wheel
-different wheels (i say different because although they look nice, they are heavier than the original wheels)

Used, I think an 030 model might fetch a couple grand more than one without it. If you find a deal like that, I say get it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If it's not an '09 and has COMAND but does not already have the iPod integration, I'd say go with an AUX cable first. See if you can live with driving the iPod using the iPod interface rather than the COMAND. If you decide you really want true integration, I'd recommend the Denison Gateway 500 over the OEM kit. I've already order mine, and it's waiting for my next trip to the states for the install.
I have the MB Ipod kit. It is okay. Nothing great but works and sounds fine. I just wish it displayed info on the Command screen and not just on the HUD. BTW, I have the older Command option. In terms of the Dension unit, is this for vehicles with or without Command? If with Command, where does it display the info?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.