Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just bought a 1999 Mercedes Benz 230 SLK. I love the car but did have to get some service done to it. I believe it is essential to keep vehicles well maintained. However, I did not have the work done at a Mercedes dealership.. the closest one is too far away and I used a shop that I have complete confidence in but they are a american car dealership. My problem is that I don't think that they are able or know how to reset the service indicators. Can someone help me with this issue.

Also, being a first time Mercedes owner I would really appreciate any advice or tips on the unique features on this car.

Thank you very much for letting me joining SLKWorld.

M. Eric Hovey

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England - if you have a search on these pages, you should find all your answers. Grats on the new car, they are fairly bullet proof, so don't fret to much, and how bout posting a picky.

UK - 1
ROW - 0

Atlanta - ZERO :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,374 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates, repairs and monthly expenses to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California. Do a search of resetting service indicator for the R170.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
OK, here's one. Welcome from Atlanta!R)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London via Louisiana! I posted the reset instructions for the R170 and the R171 a while back - 'tis pretty straight forward.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

Resetting FSS

1 Turn key to position 2 (before Start)

2 Within 4 seconds press button 1 twice (left of speedo)

3 The present status for days or distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock to position 0 ( position where key can be removed).

4 Press and hold button 1, while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 1.

After 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 15,000 km for 10 seconds.

5 Release button 1.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome from Canada.

If you have fear they can't reset the indicator then ask them if they are capable :)

If they tell you they can't, print this post and hand it to them :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.