Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to anyone reading this, forgive me if i spell like a 5th grader.

Im 22, from regina saskatchewan and I'm the proud new owner of an 04 Slk 320.

The only problem i have, is people thinking I am some spoiled kid driving his dad's car. Regina isn't that big of a city and that means less mercedes are seen driving arround by younger adults. Long story short, i Love my mercedes but want to modify it slightly to make it seem more like it is mine. I know that may not make sence to some people, but if it does and you have ideas let me know.

Otherwise, i look forward to being a part of these forums.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California. How about posting some photos of your 320 and then tell us what you have in mind as far as "personalizing" the vehicle?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome from Edmonton. Don't worry about what others think of you. Enjoy the car :)

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian! I'm from Toronto! As Soelas said, don't care what other people think of you! I'm 23 and this is my first car, paid for and registered under my name :) Post some pics!!

There's also a Canadian MB forum over at http://www.PureMB.com .

Enjoy your R170!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey again to all who welcomed. Appreciate the support, and allthough some may agree that stock is the best, i still think there might be a few things i can do tastefully to enhance the appearance<rims-tires/grille/interior paint> and i have seen some interesting and helpful info on here already. I will post pics in the correct spot when my grill shows up, and take in some opinions then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm originally from Regina (now living in Vancouver). The first summer I had my '05 350, I drove it back to Saskatchewan. I had a few people give me dirty looks or make "rich kid" remarks (which I found humorous, since I'm over 30), but actually had way more compliments on it, even just driving around town with the top down.

Of course, I did have a guy in a pick-up truck try to drag race me on the Lewvan... Funny thing was, I didn't realize it -- I just took off from the lights like usual and got up to the speed limit (or so) quite quickly, and about 5-10 seconds later I hear this enormous rumbling behind me and a truck goes past me (quite slowly I might add), with the guy leaning out the window going "Yah! I took you buddy!"... I figure I must've had at least 10 lengths on him at the point I pulled up. :)

Overall though, no bad experiences. I had it parked all over the city including in the downtown core for awhile, and not a scratch on it. I did come out of a convenience store at one point to find two kids nearly climbing onto the back (I'd left the top down) to get a look inside, but I'd actually say the car generated more goodwill than anything negative.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome from Toronto.

There a dime a dozen here. Put some HKS, momo and a powered by AMG sticker on it. We can always tell if its a parents car or a young guys car with those attributes.

Or just get an exhaust. Old farts don't have loud exhausts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.