Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello all of you MB/SLK lovers. :tu:

Since i just bought my secound car, and its an old version of SLK, 200. 192 hp, (loving it <3) i want to learn more about these beasts :)

I bought it in an car shop is i have about 1 month guarantee, and for now i have 2 problems. - Sometimes transmission from 2 jumps to zero.. and there were a few sunny days now, and i wanted to drive a bit roofless..its such a good feeling since i never even been in an cabriolet, but some times it just didnt want to open up, i closed correctly, im sure about that, and the last time i tryed only the back opened, and stoped, and it didnt want to move either forward or back, after about 10 minuts i got it closed back. Is this lack of hydraulic fluid? I called the shop i bought from and they said i should go to them so they can check, so i will go one day this week. but just want to know what could the problem be? any experience?

Keep Driving! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum from Sunny New Zealand!!!

With your roof issue, just checking the basics... did you have the cover in the boot pulled back? If thats not pulled back into place the top won't go down. Also make sure you hold the button back until the sequence has finished. If you let go the roof will stop and sometimes not go either way for a while.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,374 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts