Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we flew from Bangkok to London where we changed planes for Miami. Anyway, about 10 minutes before the flight was to leave London there was an announcement for someone to make his presence known. About 10 minutes later the captain announced that one passenger had checked in with luggage but did not board the plane. So, they had to find his luggage and deboard it. That took about 90 minutes. The plane was a 747 with a full load.

After that we had a nice flight.

Attachments

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BA operates its Miami flight out of Terminal 3. It took us an hour to go through the security check yesterday. CNN just reported that Terminal 3 was shut down.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
probably something to do with someone having luggage that is a blast to carry around.

Double pun?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
BA operates its Miami flight out of Terminal 3. It took us an hour to go through the security check yesterday. CNN just reported that Terminal 3 was shut down.
I see you travel first class and not club class! good on you ! best way to travel!
T3 was nto closed down at all.

P

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
i wouldn't have fancied flying out of a main UK airport yesterday, after all the excitement at the weekend.
serioulsy are some nut jobs about!!!

·
Founding Member #3
312 Posts
At least they had luggage on board.

I flew to India a few weeks ago from Geneva via London on BA. They lost my luggage in London and I didn't get it back for 4 days. (One day before I departed again)

And then to rub salt in the wound they did the say on the way back. another 5 days before I got it back this time.

When I was in the transfer section I looked out of the window on to the tarmac. There must have been 3000 + bags piled up on the tarmac in a area the size of a football pitch with just one guy going around now and again checking the bags and pulling out a few out to load on a cart.

God help anyone transfering through Heathrow.

You must be a very lucky person corkscrew to have your luggage arrive with you.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
At least they had luggage on board.

I flew to India a few weeks ago from Geneva via London on BA. They lost my luggage in London and I didn't get it back for 4 days. (One day before I departed again)

And then to rub salt in the wound they did the say on the way back. another 5 days before I got it back this time.

When I was in the transfer section I looked out of the window on to the tarmac. There must have been 3000 + bags piled up on the tarmac in a area the size of a football pitch with just one guy going around now and again checking the bags and pulling out a few out to load on a cart.

God help anyone transfering through Heathrow.

You must be a very lucky person corkscrew to have your luggage arrive with you.
Terminal 5 opens next year. Luggage transfer is supposed to be automated via underground conveyors. We will see

P

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Heathrow = Massive headache
i always have a nightmare in Heathrow, my hatred in life is queuing, as i feel im wasting time, i get a cold shudder down my spine when i see the check in gates.

D

·
0 Posts
I agree Heathrow sucks it's only purpose in life is to aggravate the people who must travel via it to the point of them wanting to punch out the check-in dude.

Lucky you got anywhere Corkscrew, certainly not a time i would fancy flying.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I agree Heathrow sucks it's only purpose in life is to aggravate the people who must travel via it to the point of them wanting to punch out the check-in dude.

Lucky you got anywhere Corkscrew, certainly not a time i would fancy flying.
Its not that bad actually... and the queues are not that long...Just back from France and it was fine.

P

D

·
0 Posts
Maybe i have only ever been there on bad days then, they happen everywhere.

Or i fly with the wrong airline?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Heathrow isnt that bad, but the best airport I've been in has to be Frankfurt.
Frankfurt is good, but the layout is horrible, you walk for miles. The business lounge of Lufthansa is not particularly good. The BA first class lounge in Heathrow is the best, you even get to order food from a menu!

P

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Frankfurt is good, but the layout is horrible, you walk for miles. The business lounge of Lufthansa is not particularly good. The BA first class lounge in Heathrow is the best, you even get to order food from a menu!

P
I dont mind walking which is okay for me, Plus in Frankfurt airport I usually have lots of time to walk around do some window shopping at the boutiques and there is a shop over that I especially like. They offer many M&M chocolate products. I also remember there are some good cafe's as they offer many snacks whilst you await your connecting flight, snacks such as Squared small Pizza.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I dont mind walking which is okay for me, Plus in Frankfurt airport I usually have lots of time to walk around do some window shopping at the boutiques and there is a shop over that I especially like. They offer many M&M chocolate products. I also remember there are some good cafe's as they offer many snacks whilst you await your connecting flight, snacks such as Squared small Pizza.
you judge your airports by the snacks available MO..haha.
never been to Frankfurt, but i was happy with Newark.
also loved a small airport i flew into in Montana i think it was...small wooden with a big stuffed grizzly sitting beside baggage reclaim...was amazing, and so simple and everything worked.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
you judge your airports by the snacks available MO..haha.
never been to Frankfurt, but i was happy with Newark.
also loved a small airport i flew into in Montana i think it was...small wooden with a big stuffed grizzly sitting beside baggage reclaim...was amazing, and so simple and everything worked.
I am not into in-flight food, I feel as If I am a patient in a hospital.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
My flight from savannah to ewr sched to leave at 12:30 and took off at 9pm. After actually getting sat at the end of the runway and then returned to gate it gets frustrating. The lightning show on the way to newark was awesome though. the next day the New york to manchester uk flight took 6:01. Hopefully my return on Saturday is as streamlined, sitting up front in a comfy recliner really makes any delay a little less painful .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts