Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the cabin air fan speed relay...it's running at high constantly with no control. Where is the relay and is there a DIY on replacing it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,597 Posts
Need to replace the cabin air fan speed relay...it's running at high constantly with no control. Where is the relay and is there a DIY on replacing it? Thanks.
Simply put, there isn't one.
Fan speed is controlled by the HVAC Head Unit (N19) and the regulator on top of the fan working in tandem. It will be one of these two items or the fan itself. We've just been all over this approx 3 weeks ago.

READ THIS - ALL OF IT.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simply put, there isn't one.
Fan speed is controlled by the HVAC Head Unit (N19) and the regulator on top of the fan working in tandem. It will be one of these two items or the fan itself. We've just been all over this approx 3 weeks ago.

READ THIS - ALL OF IT.

Thank you....is the same procedure for the R172...2013 SLK ? Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,886 Posts
Thank you....is the same procedure for the R172...2013 SLK ? Thanks
you have a 2013?

but this is not updated

Vehicle: 98 SLK230 SOLD

and this thread is in the r170 section and not the r172 section

so what is up?

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
879 Posts

As others have noted there is no relay. It is controlled by the regulator which gets different levels of voltage from the fan controller on the dash.

You can get fooled as to whether it is the controller or the regulator. Changing the regulator is easier and cheaper than the controller. I posted a procedure for testing this a couple of years ago on this site.
If you can't find it PM me and I can send it to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts