Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heater fan started to run intermittantly.
Thought it was either regulator or HVAC controller. Dropped fan out from under dash..

Brushes worn out. Soldered in new ones ($35), good as new :bannana:

Bazzle

·
Founding Member
43 Posts
Hello Bazzle,

Great to hear about DIY on the SLK. :bannana: I'm horrified about the MB costs here in the UK, £90 per hour plus parts and no actual certanty of a fix. Normal response to your fan problem would have been half a days labour plus new fan with a total cost of around £500 !! :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar issue. When I first get into my car and switch on the blower it goes full speed, down to nothing and back up to a faster speed etc. It is very erratic until it warms up a bit. AC also doesn't blow cold and there is a screeching noise like a slipping fanbelt behind the glovebox somewhere. Some pointers in how to remove and replace would be useful. Save me carving up my dashboard !

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a similar issue. When I first get into my car and switch on the blower it goes full speed, down to nothing and back up to a faster speed etc. It is very erratic until it warms up a bit. AC also doesn't blow cold and there is a screeching noise like a slipping fanbelt behind the glovebox somewhere. Some pointers in how to remove and replace would be useful. Save me carving up my dashboard !

In your situation it might be the actual controller and not the blower. I changed mine and sometimes does the same thing as you described. I usually go full and off, full and off on the controller, that usually fixes the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.