Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the heating device on my driver side seat, it will turn on for a few sec's then it turns it's self off automatically. My passenger side works fine, so do both of the Airscarfs. Could it be an electrical problem? I have extended warranty and will probably be taking it to the dealer today or tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask y'all first. Thanks.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
IIRC, someone had something similar. Check the fuse first to the affected side.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Usually means one of the elements in the seat is shot - definately run it by your dealers, and don't be surprised if you end up with new seat cushions out of it! :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
My bottom seat heaters didn't work at all, so the dealer replaced the bottoms on both the driver and passenger sides. I got brand new leather bottoms for free (they didn't replace the backs)!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I dropped it off an hour ago, I'll post the results when I hear from them. New leather coushions would be nice!

I got a '09 C300 rental, I'm not impressed...everything a has a cheap feel to it, and those rubber seats...My roommate has leatherette in his Jetta, they feel much better!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a call from the dealer today, there're having to replace all 3 elements under the seat and told me that I do get new leather for the bottom! They think I should get it back by Friday, there're waiting on parts.

My Extended Warranty is through a thrid party, Mogi. So far they've been real easy to work with. I got the full bumper to bumper warranty that's supposed to cover as much as the factory warranty will. I got it for 5 years or 75K miles.

I asked the dealer what this was costing them, they told me a little over $1,300! I only paid $2,700 for the warranty so one more problem and its definite deal!

This C-Class rental is starting to grow on me, but I do miss my RoadsterR)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I got a call from the dealer today, there're having to replace all 3 elements under the seat and told me that I do get new leather for the bottom! They think I should get it back by Friday, there're waiting on parts.
Yeah, no dealer in the states seems to keep stock, so everything comes from Germany.

I asked the dealer what this was costing them, they told me a little over $1,300! I only paid $2,700 for the warranty so one more problem and its definite deal!
Sounds about right, less labor.. ;P

This C-Class rental is starting to grow on me, but I do miss my RoadsterR)
See what you think of the NTG2.5 COMAND - I personally like it a lot! ;)

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one doesn't have the nav system, but I do think that retro radio dial is pretty cool.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I finally got my SLK back yesterday, they ended up having to replace all 3 heating elements along with the cushions and the leather cover on the bottom. All together it was around $1,300, my warranty covered it all!

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
It's my understanding that if you clean your rear window by facing backward in the car with a knee in each seat, that can bust the heating elements.

So be careful!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Well I finally got my SLK back yesterday, they ended up having to replace all 3 heating elements along with the cushions and the leather cover on the bottom. All together it was around $1,300, my warranty covered it all!
:tu:Money well spent on your extended warranty. Good to hear 100% of repair cost was covered.

·
Registered
73 Posts
does anyone know which fuse the drivers side is in the US? i saw the sheet of paper in the fuse panel and it basically says there are two fueses for the heated seats, (25, 37) but its also a shared fuse with the air scare. I'm surprised its not one fuse per seat.

Can someone verify?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well once again my seat heater isn't working properly, but this time it's the back part of the drivers seat. I took it into the dealer last Monday, I have 3rd party extended warranty and the estimate was over $1,000 so they had to send out an adjuster.

It got approved and they think they'll have the parts tomorrow. The dealer wasn't sure if the replacement would come with new leather for the back part, they said it didn't say on the list of parts. It's costing around $1,300 so I would hope that it does come with them. Does anyone know if it will?

I hope it does, the new leather on the bottom of my seat is a lot softer and a lighter color than my back part.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Well once again my seat heater isn't working properly, but this time it's the back part of the drivers seat. I took it into the dealer last Monday, I have 3rd party extended warranty and the estimate was over $1,000 so they had to send out an adjuster.

It got approved and they think they'll have the parts tomorrow. The dealer wasn't sure if the replacement would come with new leather for the back part, they said it didn't say on the list of parts. It's costing around $1,300 so I would hope that it does come with them. Does anyone know if it will?

I hope it does, the new leather on the bottom of my seat is a lot softer and a lighter color than my back part.

At $1300, should be complete new seat back skins+elements... The heat elements list - if I remember correctly - at about $150 each.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I got a '09 C300 rental, I'm not impressed...everything a has a cheap feel to it, and those rubber seats...My roommate has leatherette in his Jetta, they feel much better!
Yeah, not rentals, but my dealer's loaners are always C-class and I don't like them either. Been in E-classes too long, I guess. There is a lot of W203 C-class in the SLK, of course, so it isn't all bad.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just thought of something! My head rest won't be replaced will it? AHH! That's going to look ridiculous!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.