Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title states, everything was working fine and about a week ago, it stopped blowing on command. It blows fine when I am moving but when I stop nothing comes out. Any fuses to check?

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
maybe blower fuse it out and what you feel is natural flow from the vents. you can try re-circ while moving to confirm this

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, its natural flow.

Checked my fuses and everything is fine, although I was missing #15 , which apparently is a tempmatic fuse.

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Just as the title states, everything was working fine and about a week ago, it stopped blowing on command. It blows fine when I am moving but when I stop nothing comes out. Any fuses to check?
Might need a new one of these you need to go diving in the footwell to replace it, a bit of blu tack helps keep the screws in place when you are refitting everything

FOR MERCEDES C E CLASS CLK SLK HEATER FAN RESISTOR | eBay

Or you coukd have some leaves stuck in the fan.

Regards Stuart

Had a similar problem with mine.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can hear it try to turn on, but that is about it. Is the blower motor under the glovebox? What about the resistor?

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
yes it is under the glovebox. remove the black plastic cover with 2 screws in the front. After that you can reach the bottom of the fan motor and the slide panel for cabin filter. Filter is located AFTER the fan. So, some leaves, debris etc. maybe blocking the fan. Check the free spin of fan through filter housing (while KEY REMOVED!!!). If not that the regulator and the motor will be the next suspects.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cleaned out the filter and resistor housings, but still nothing working. They were full of leaves though. Didn't get deep enough to the blower motor.

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Cleaned out the filter and resistor housings, but still nothing working. They were full of leaves though. Didn't get deep enough to the blower motor.
The motor blows through the filter so chances are that if there are leaves in the filter there are going to some in the fan, only another 4 screws to take out ( I think) one is under the speed control resistor then the motor drops out, then you can also check to see if the carbon brushes in the motor have worn out, Im sure there us a video on youtube.

Good luck Stuart.

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
another option is checking the fan through the air inlet in the front under the windscreen. you'll need to remove to the wipers and panel under it to reach the fresh air inlet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.