Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone recommend a headlight cover scratch remover product? Looking at this picture below, I'm not entirely convinced off the shelf products can remove this circular scratch, but prove me wrong, maybe a complete replacement of the head is required in stead? Thoughts please.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,876 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the demonstration, great effort. I have a funny feeling the scratch is just too deep for any product to deal with. Research continues...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I used the Autoglym headlight restoration kit recently.

On the first lens I messed the process up pretty bad and ended up with what looked like fairly nasty dirty orange scratches over the middle third. Was convinced I'd need to buy a new lens cover but did the other side and then tried the kit again on the first lens with my new found wisdom and improved technique. Took me a while working over it time and again but removed virtually all the damage such that you can only see a few very small marks if looking really close up.

I couldn't really see on your picture what's going on, so not sure how bad the scratch is, but for £20 and 30-45 minutes of manual labour it might be worth at least giving it a go before shelling out on the expense of a new lens cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts