Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I exchanged my hard top with a headliner, so now my glass sunroof is visible (amazing!).

However, the cabin gets hot in direct sunlight. I'm looking for a sun shade that I can insert to make it more bearable.

I found something online but they don't have it (attached).

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
1,891 Posts
That appears to be an aftermarket sunroof to be inserted into a steel roof after making an opening with a tin opener.
Not aware that any SLK was sold with an opening sunroof as such.

Have you seen this thread?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,936 Posts
So it's not a sunroof, which implies it opens. It's just a fixed glass roof. Right? I believe the terminology they used in that ad is in error is why I ask. BUT to clarify: does it move or tilt up?

·
11,936 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it's not a sunroof, which implies it opens. It's just a fixed glass roof. Right? I believe the terminology they used in that ad is in error is why I ask. BUT to clarify: does it move or tilt up?
Yes exactly, it's a fixed glass roof

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
This??

There seems to be LOTS out there but because you have not completed your profile (model/year of car NOR your location), we can't be of more help 😉
Thanks but I'm not looking for the headliner, just a sun shade that fits into it. I have a 2012 SLK 200 R172 model (updated now in profile)

Basically just need a prefectly fitted sun shade /screen to place in the headliner so that the static glass roof will filter out the sun's rays...

·
11,936 Posts
Thanks but I'm not looking for the headliner, just a sun shade that fits into it. I have a 2012 SLK 200 R172 model (updated now in profile)

Basically just need a prefectly fitted sun shade /screen to place in the headliner so that the static glass roof will filter out the sun's rays...
Ah yes. Sorry, misunderstood so I clarified prev response. What about going to a installer that puts film on windows? If so, I would have it done professionally as any home-made installations that I've ever seen all wrinkled/bubbled over time because of the heat .

Personally I would go film vs shade just so you get "some" light coming through. Makes the cabin seem bigger IMO.

And wouldn't a shade require it to be able to be slid back and forth, which would require some major cutting (if it was even possible)? I suppose a fixed unmoveable shade might be possible but that negates the positive aspect of a glass roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts