Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and proud new owner of a 04 slk 320. i would like to change the head lights/ front bumper markers. i been looking at the halo ones but unsure to go with clear or smoked. same with the side markers. i am just looking for your opinion. i have posted a picture of my vehicle so you can see the colour.

thank Phil

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,726 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! That looks like a sweet ride!
For the side markers, check out slkstore.com They have clear side markers. As for the halo headlights, I have no experience, but several members have them installed. They should chime in soon I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm considering the same for my silver 01 SLK. I'm leaning toward clear. While you're at it, check out the 3 fin grilles (I found a sharp one on ebay).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ended up going with clear side markers and headlights. they look very clean and sharp. i replaced the amber singles with the chrome bulbs and it made a world of a different. i been looking at the grills but unsure what to do yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently put the Halo headlights in my SLK. I was debating on the clear or smoke, went with the clear because the car is white. I have looked at others, and if the car is dark, smoke looks good. Your car would look good with either, but I think clear might be better. Same with side markers - SLK Store my source for them. Halos came from a site I found on E-Bay. About $220. a pair. Look great, installation fairly easy. The electrical hook-up for the LED lights needed a little splicing.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,726 Posts
Tdex,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

1 - 9 of 9 Posts