Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just adding to my spring time fix it list for my new car I got 2 months ago.

how are the little doors opened for the headlight washer spray?
the washer it self works but the little doors won't open. when I hit the switch washer fluid just comes grushing out from around the doors running all over the bumper inside and outside!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
there is a thread about that issue. don't remember if r170 or r171.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, did a few searches and does not appear to be a lot about this for the 170. but from what I see here there does not appear to be a motor for this. maybe just springs and stuff. maybe my washer doors/covers are just stuck from non use?? maybe... like I said. the washers are working, just not opening. after more reading it also seems that this may not be worth the time to worry about!!!
just depends how anal I want to be about it lol,,, but for now I have bigger fish to fry with this car then the headlight washer. got a roof that does not work and engine work to do so this will go on the back burner... thanks jbanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
iv seen these stuck after a bumper repaint try and just gently pull them out you wont do any harm they should pull out with a little pressure

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I was able to look at it today. I pull the cover open, what does the sprayer look like?? I just see what looks to be a nozzle but I'm not sure. it just has a open round end on it that looks to be pointing straight out and not at the headlights.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
In the R171 the nozzles sort of rotate or twist as the water pressure builds and then finally sprays the headlamps when under full pressure. May be best to have someone work on the headlamp washer while you're up front to see if it functions properly but be ready to get wet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
check the nozzles are actually there!!

if they are the same as my S-Class I've lost 2 nozzles in cold weather, they tend to shoot out of the tube at cold temps instead of being retained as they should, the nozzles clip into the tubes so if when you open the covers you just see empty tubes you have lost the nozzles!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.