Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the headlights out of the car for restoration. I find I can do a much better job on the bench.

Once out, I've found that several of the brackets which are part of the black plastic headlight chassis are damaged (thanks in part to some rusted bolts). I saw Mercedes sold a kit which I think repairs/replaces the original brackets (part numbers A1718200514 and A1718200614 for your web searching pleasure).

I do have access to an old version of the WIS, but I struggle to use it very effectively. Has anyone ever fitted these 'repair brackets'? Do they do the job I think they do?

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
5,822 Posts
They work perfectly, I've fitted a set. Depending on how yours broke, you will likely need to cut away your stubs. Don't start until you have the replacements though. The replacements come with screws to secure them, if you look at your headlight you'll see the vacant screw holes.

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They work perfectly, I've fitted a set. Depending on how yours broke, you will likely need to cut away your stubs. Don't start until you have the replacements though. The replacements come with screws to secure them, if you look at your headlight you'll see the vacant screw holes.
Perfect, that is exactly how I thought they worked from looking at them. £25 well spent. I'll try to remember to post pictures here of the job when it's done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts