Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a 2005 SLK350 with the 321 AMG Sport-Package. I want to replace the headlight assemblies as I have tried to polish them but they are too far gone. In looking for replacements, I see a number of aftermarket assemblies for sale but all of the halogan ones (like mine) say they won't fit if the car is equipped with the sports package. I really thought the headlight assemblies were the same on all 2005's w/o hd lights. Does anyone know the correct part numbers (L & R ) for assemblies that will fit my car?

Thanks

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
post your welcome and update your profile and post your vin for your free datacard and part number

I moved your thread out of diy to here

The DIY section is for already created DIYs only.
A DIY has pictures and step by step directions/instructions.
If your question pertains to a procedure in a DIY, please post the question in that thread.
Someone will respond if they can assist and answer your questions and
will point you to a DIY if one is already made.

You in Floriduh? you missed our picnic in Lakeland

http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-florida/286977-picture-thread-fall-florida-picnic-oct-10-2015-a.html

First please update your location and vehicle (year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

JB

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
attached is r171 350 but post your vin to make sure of part numbers

some sports packages also had bi-xenon i understand.

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
I can't see any reason why any replacement halogen headlamp wouldn't fit, just for having the sports package, as far as I know all the headlamps are exactly the same, externally !

Have you tried polishing them on the inside of the lenses, mine were pretty bad when I bought the car and polishing them externally didn't do much, so I took them apart and polished them on the inside and they came up like new ?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.