Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first slk . 1999 vintage. The headlight had some moisture in it and I took it off to clean it. Now headlight is out of alignment. I dont have owner manual so how do I adjust headlights?F)

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld 99SLKowner!! Congrats on your 1st SLK!!

Update your location so we can better help answer your questions.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine - same year.

Behind the headlight unit, you should see two plastic knobs. I think they're knurled but you can also get a screwdriver in.

One of the knobs is for vertical adjustment and one for horizontal.

Best advise I could give is to place the car pointing at a wall or garage door and with the lights on, try adjusting to see which gets the best result.

However, is it possible that you haven't replaced the connector for the headlamp height adjustment? To check, try point the car at a wall or garage door with the lights on and try adjusting the headlight height control. You should see both beams rise and fall, or possibly just one of them.

On my car that's a purple'ish tube with a connector on the end that fits onto a tube sticking out of the bottom inner corner of either headlamp unit.

This was also a problem on my car when I got it.

Hope this makes some sense?

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the headlight out and re-installed.I had to adjust the alignment with the knobs as you said. Seems ok now . Will find out tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.