Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was sat in my new car and trying to figure out what the switches all do lol, and I noticed a button with what looks like a headlamp with a washer icon on it so I thought to myself.... what the hell and gave it a push. (knowing I don't have washers on the lamps!) and once I did it promptly dumped the contents of the washer bottle out on the deck out the nearside front of the car.

So lesson learned... don't push its buttons or it'll pee itself!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well that's not right, sounds like your car may have had front end damage and was not put back to original spec.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,056 Posts
So I was sat in my new car and trying to figure out what the switches all do

Cookie, do you not have an owners's manual?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Suspect one of the hoses to the front washers has either broken or come loose. Have an assistant push the button while you get your feet wet in front of the car finding the leak! ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm guessing it's just a hose thats gone. It has been off the road at the dealer since February, I'll be taking it round to my brothers later this week and he can do the getting wet bit.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,056 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,942 Posts
Not sure if the washer hook-up is the same on the 170 as it is on the 171, but on the 171 there is a squarish U-shaped bracket around the end of the hose, that you need to pull out slightly after installing the hose on the washer assembly. Pulling it out allows 2 plastic pieces to fall into two holes, which prevent the hose from shooting off because of the water pressure once you engage the washers. Worth checking out.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
114 Posts
That's funny...I did the same the other day..never used it til then. But I only have a passenger side washer...my driver's side has nothing back there and it has never been in an accident...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.