Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive looked through other post but cant find anything that helps me. I have a 2004 SLK320 and after using the headlamp washer it seems the front casing has not gone back into place, looks loose now and doesnt sit in the bodywork. Any ideas how to fix it please

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
Those washers are one of the dumbest things ever invented. They have the bad habit to constantly misalign. Sorry but I can't help...

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
What I can think of, is to remove the plastic cover behind the bumper (in front of the wheel) and try to examine the washer mechanism from the inside... Just turn the wheel as far as you can or dismantle it, if necessary. I am honestly not sure whether you will be able to see the part from there but it deserves the try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I can think of, is to remove the plastic cover behind the bumper (in front of the wheel) and try to examine the washer mechanism from the inside... Just turn the wheel as far as you can or dismantle it, if necessary. I am honestly not sure whether you will be able to see the part from there but it deserves the try.
Tried this and cant see a thing, I think the bumper may have to come off, MB didnt have any ideas but will put it up on a ramp on Friday to see from underneath if they can fix it. I cant help but thin that this daft bit of kit is going to cost me. Cant think that I will use a head lamp washer but guess someone must do. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
Tried this and cant see a thing, I think the bumper may have to come off, MB didnt have any ideas but will put it up on a ramp on Friday to see from underneath if they can fix it. I cant help but thin that this daft bit of kit is going to cost me. Cant think that I will use a head lamp washer but guess someone must do. Thanks anyway.
How come MB technicians don't have any ideas?

You can try Leapyfish's advice!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,942 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
It seems that those washers are not only the dumbest thing that has ever been invented but also cause extreme difficulties in keeping them in proper condition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone, just to clarify my car is a R170 - took it down to Cicely (Preston MB) while I sat in the lounge being treated to coffee they put it up on the ramp and fixed the cover so all is perfect now. Not that I ever want to use the washers I cant understand why they are on the car, total waste of engineering. Thanks for a great job by Cicely MB and guess what no charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks I wasn't aware of that, its a good job I didnt just leave it thinking that I wont use the washers anyway. The car was only MOT about 7 weeks ago so if checked Ive got to presume they worked ok and what caused the problem Ive no idea but Its all sorted now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.