Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the road early Friday (July 15th) for Boise (ID) from Eureka (CA) . . . Eureka is 250 miles north of San Francisco . . . generally speaking you can not get there (anywhere) from here . . . you have to go someplace else first. Heart of the Redwoods, only 2 lane roads get you here (or out). So it is up the coast to Crescent City, then over to Grant's Pass, on to Medford, then off toward Klamath . . . the real fun begins on the "shortcut" through Oregon via Christmas Valley and Silver Lake ending at Wagon Tire . . . rare to see more than 10 cars and the roads are silk and the scenery is grand. Then it is Burns to Ontario (Hwy 20) then 70 miles of freeway to Boise. Taking my "new" SLK 230 "00 Disigno-Orange out for a real run on the road. Will be in Boise for about a week . . . any other SLK 230's up for coffee? ? ? . . . would love to ask some questions, hear about what I need to keep in mind, stay on top of. See ya then!:)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Have a fun and safe trip. Don't forget to post some piccies.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Enjoy the experience. One thing I have learned in traveling for a few day's trip in the SLK - my wife can not shop because there is no room to bring any more clothes home. I LOVE it!!!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,292 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip i know them roads very well. Love it. 10 cars your are right one the nose .LOL. Better watch out for that big Red Semi you might find a crazy German behind the wheel. Enjoy your trip be safe and post plenty of pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Summertime in the Great Northwest. Our trip in June through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and on to Florida was really the wrong time of year but still sensational. Packed two small carry on bags and they worked great. One on edge and the other flat. The wife still had room for some small shopping treasures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.