1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,151 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi All

Yes to the header upgrade , I love mine best mod I had done , Are you keeping the centre box & rear cats.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the headers will see what power I get; working on the intake, I ported the throttle body and shaft already; along with the elbow..... once everything is on I will get it tuned.

·
1,722 Posts
Hi All
I had headers + front cat removed & ECU flash this give me an extra 50 bhp.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
463 Posts
Don't forget to Thermotech wrap or have them ceramic coated. I wrapped mine while binging Netflix.

Proven performance results as well as a much lower under hood temp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I debated on this one.... I like the bare look of the headers but my CLA45 downpipe is wrapped....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PITA so far, one off.... two more back nuts on the DS and then its on to new header installation...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any suggestions on the back two bottom Passenger side nuts? Do I need to remove the starter?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the back bottom from the top with a long 10mm closed wrench, second to last from the bottom with a 10mm wrench

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Headers are installed, fitment to the stock exhaust was a challenge, I used a tail pipe expander(broke 3 of them) to get the pipe round enough to slip a stainless coupler over it and the downpipe. The Downpipes were alittle awkward, and really need a flex fitting to work well. DS downpipe is longer than stock... also surprised there is not much give or spring in the exhaust, typically an exhaust is hung on rubber grommets or springs to allow some movement in the exhaust.... alittle worred about the stress on the exhaust studs.

Some sounds clips tomorrow

·
Registered 2006 SLK 55 AMG w/P30
176 Posts
I like it. I have the aft cat delete and SuperSprint X-pipe, but like your sound better. Record some exhaust sound under load if you can. What does your butt dyno say?

·
1,722 Posts
Hi All

Sound good , Whats your setup now ?

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Kleemann Midlegnth headers; 2ndry cats still in place and stock mufflers

Ported Intake elbow

Ported Throttle body and shaft

Tune coming... waiting on info

will build an intake this winter

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
Eurocharged did the tune on my first 55, I was quite happy with it and they are very reasonable. It took about an hour, they read my tune, sent it to the tuner, then installed it. They have a couple of remote tuners that are pretty good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just sent my file to Eurocharged also getting the TCU tune, it was a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had to throw some DEI plug wire insulators on due to the heat, the plastic covers were not liking it despite have the headers wrapped....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts