Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had Kleemann headers, down tubs, and ECU remap at SpeeDriven. The car runs like a bear but I had it back three times because the engine light keeps popping up. They tried all kinds of things to correct it even replace the a couple of sensors. I'm concerned because here in Illinois we have emission testing. Anyone else have the same problem and get it rectified? :frown:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,189 Posts
O2 sensor, then remap was not done correctly in my opinion
As you have read my ecu/header thread (see my sig links), I never had cels for that issue

My ecu tune done by Kleemann though.
Good luck my friend

·
Registered
463 Posts
Carlobutti,

You will probably have to ask for a refund on the recurve and send your ECU out to Kleemann (or maybe Eurocharged) so they can check it out and put their own re-curve in it.

I did a mine up similar to yours (Kleemann headers, primary cat delete, high flow air filter) but used the Eurocharged ECU mod. Their setup supposedly allows the ECU to be flashed in the car. You tell them your mods and they email you the new curve to install yourself using my laptop and their downloadable software (the data cable and free re-curves with future mods was how they hooked me).

Needless to say their emailed re-flash shut down the car dead flat. JB probably remembers this because I was to drive up to MaryKay's BBQ for an SLK meet that weekend and suddenly had no car...

I sent the box up to them, they re-flashed my ECU, and after reinstalling luckily all was OK fine. The CEL came on shortly thereafter.

When I called them out about the CEL, they then proceeded to tell me the SLK ECU can not be flashed for the CEL when it is re-curved using their in car method. They had to physically have my ECU to do a CEL shut off mod.

When I reminded them they just had my ECU to fix because their in car flash bricked it, they proceeded to tell me I never told them I wanted the CEL to be disabled when I sent it to them.

WELL DUHHH....

Maybe the owner there is a sharp guy, but it's possible the service advisor who answered the phone that day might be missing the plastic thingy that holds his six pack together. I as you expect the CEL light to stay off as part of the mod.

I had to mail the ECU back to them a second time, no extra charge ('cept the freight), no issues since. All the extra down time for the car was free too.

Maybe you are dealing with a similar issue. There must be a special piece of hardware that has to be hooked up to the ECU to program that CEL light to say off. A simple re-cure of the software apparently wont cut it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts