Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here have a solid header they recommend on their SLK 230? It's remarkably hard to find a performance header anywhere, and Supersprint does put out enough power for what you pay.

I'd be happy to find a Kleemann or something similar. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
I was looking at that the other day , but alas it's no good to me as my car is right hand drive so I don't think there's enough room .
I'm not sure about the right angle joint where front pipe joins rear pipe , I don't think it will do much for flow .
I've started looking at standard rhd manifold cleaned out internally then making up a larger diameter down pipe and system with a couple of lower back pressure silencers and no cats , has anyone any experience with such a system , if so were the results any good ?
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking these might work ??

Seen the headers listed above on ebay and other performance sites and the member here and other SLK forums say they are a bad design . Would possible hurt more then help . Well instead of doing a search for R170 I did one for the engine "M111" and found this:
OBX Exhaust Header Fits Mercedes Benz W203 C230 Sport Coupe 2 3L M111 | eBay

Looks like a better design more like Kleeman , Just don't think the rest of the system would work . I going to call and see if they will just sell the headers. I have gone to their website and they do not list anything for the R170.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Seen the headers listed above on ebay and other performance sites and the member here and other SLK forums say they are a bad design . Would possible hurt more then help . Well instead of doing a search for R170 I did one for the engine "M111" and found this:
OBX Exhaust Header Fits Mercedes Benz W203 C230 Sport Coupe 2 3L M111 | eBay

Looks like a better design more like Kleeman , Just don't think the rest of the system would work . I going to call and see if they will just sell the headers. I have gone to their website and they do not list anything for the R170.
that ad is for just the header. if you do order and install it, let us know. the header i installed didn't really do anything noticeable in terms of sound or power, but i never had it dyno-ed

·
Registered
278 Posts
did you ask about anything for the c230? same drivetrain, different chassis
The different chassis is the reason I asked specifically about the slk.
I can show you many different vehicles that share the same drive train but the headers will not transfer because the chassis is different.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The different chassis is the reason I asked specifically about the slk.
I can show you many different vehicles that share the same drive train but the headers will not transfer because the chassis is different.
as i agree with this fully, i personally have a header that was designed for a c230, on my slk230. it fit no problem, and no modifications were needed. just food for thought

·
Registered
373 Posts
So do you think the SuperSprint would be a better header with better results?
unfortunately i cannot comment on supersprint exhaust systems as i have not used them before nor do i know anything about them. i would be curious so see before and after dynos for just a header upgrade: stock vs various after market companies. whichever header you end up going with, i highly suggest that you either ceramic coat it or wrap it, to help with heat inside your ending bay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts