Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my SLK 350 (R172) detailed. Noticed the left headlight points to the ground 5 m in front of the car on low beam. (Right hand drive Australian model). I have searched the forum for tips but remain unsure as I cant see any adjustment holes. Both high and low beam seem to be projector type. Unsure if they are auto-adjust or not. On visual inspection the 'projector' certainly appears to be pointing down.

Any directions appreciated.

Tony

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Make sure the bulb is seated properly too. How could a detailer cause this (short of breaking a tab)? Do they move at all if you push them with your fingertips?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Also - are they bi-xenons? I don't have any experience with R172s so these night be dumb questions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure the bulb is seated properly too. How could a detailer cause this (short of breaking a tab)? Do they move at all if you push them with your fingertips?

That might be the issue. It certainly looks like it is but I can’t get into check. Do I remove headlight lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I can’t get in to move them. Lens is in the way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can’t get in to move them. Lens is in the way.

... well finally got this sorted. I couldn’t fix it. Hands too big. Local mechanic advised dealer. My car has the HID lamps. The passenger high beam is broken and flops around. Took it to the stealership this morning and was advised that a New Headlamp cluster is required AU$3500 plus fitting which will require the front number to be removed.
Fortunately the car is still under MB extended warranty. No cost to me. Zippedydoo!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts