Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to find OEM headlights covers, the dealership, or another vendor? Thanks...:smile:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean the factory clear plastic housing that surrounds the head lights, mine are fading/sun crazing.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,588 Posts

·
93,588 Posts
If I could get the part number I would really appreciate it.
post your vin and we can get it and your datacard if you haven't got it yet

·
93,588 Posts
part 10? see attached pdf

Attachments

·
93,588 Posts
standby....probably the same as i supplied as the parts are for all 350s

·
93,588 Posts
still part 10 but different part number see attached

datacard attached also

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Note that you cannot buy the lenses separately. The dealer will just sell you entire replacement headlight housings (at substantial cost especially if you have the Bi-Xenon option).

If you don't want to reach too deep into your wallet, your best bet is a headlight restoration kit.

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Headlamp with blackout

This seems like an appropriate spot to ask about the "blackout" version of the headlamp housing.

I bought a replacement headlight unit on eBay for "experimental" purposes and instead of the bright chrome interior of my 06 SLK350 portions of the chrome interior surfaces are black. Just curious if this was a special factory option, facelift, bi-Xenon, or...?

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
This seems like an appropriate spot to ask about the "blackout" version of the headlamp housing.

I bought a replacement headlight unit on eBay for "experimental" purposes and instead of the bright chrome interior of my 06 SLK350 portions of the chrome interior surfaces are black. Just curious if this was a special factory option, facelift, bi-Xenon, or...?
Spyder aftermarket units come with black interiors. OEM units come with partial "dark grey" interior for some models. Stinger's car and Klinh's car have these that I'm aware of (post-facelift only).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody know were to buy the "partial covering" headlamp eyebrows seen on the feature car shown this month (in black)? I like the smaller headlamp look rahter than the huge oval stock look!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts