Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i finally have something worth posting so i'll finally get rid of that "Our records indicate that you have never...." notice :)

Yesterday my wife called down to my home office on the intercom and said "you must come see this!" I harumphed back "What is it?"

She said "You have to see it to believe it, a Hawk is on your slk320 and is slipping and sliding and clawing at it"

When i got upstairs she said " I've banged on the window and he just looks at me then goes back to clawing away"

The following is the better pictures of many taken over a 7 minute period with the final insult by the Hawk

....he turned his back to us, relieved himself took a few steps forward and looked us RIGHT in the eye......he flew away a few moments later.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Yikes, I hope you can buff that out... I THINK your car's finish may be TOO mirror like. Interesting bird. Looks like an immature Red-Tailed hawk. Probably trying to chase that "other" hawk away from his territory.

What part of the country are you in?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Thanks for the piccies. OUCH!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes, I hope you can buff that out... I THINK your car's finish may be TOO mirror like. Interesting bird. Looks like an immature Red-Tailed hawk. Probably trying to chase that "other" hawk away from his territory.

It is a 2 year old Redtail, he and his brother own the neighborhood.

They have been seen going down the street with squirrels in hand.

This is in Central VA

·
Registered
496 Posts

Yes, he was attacking the 'other' bird in his territory. I've heard of similar tales on other forums of the same thing happening.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
we have a peacock here that does the exact same thing. He has broken one of our porch windows, and has bloodied his own beak on a metallic blue rental i left parked outside. The car had to have the entire rear bumper repainted.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
'tis a more general Mercedes thing, I think - I have a pigeon who craps twice his body weight on my C every time I park it under a tree in the yard! Even Zaino has a hard time repelling this caustic mess!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Or the .22 rifle!

I like the way you think! I've been stuck in the UK too long, as firearms are never the first thing that comes to mind these days.

Reminds me of spending a freezing morning in a deer stand having a squirrel bark at me constantly. I didn't get a deer that day, but I did found out what a squirrel looks like after a visit from a 7mm hollowpoint :p

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like the way you think! I've been stuck in the UK too long, as firearms are never the first thing that comes to mind these days.

Reminds me of spending a freezing morning in a deer stand having a squirrel bark at me constantly. I didn't get a deer that day, but I did found out what a squirrel looks like after a visit from a 7mm hollowpoint :p
HAHA...wow, probably not much left after that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.