Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally members post about having issues with one of these products
and yet they haven't contacted the supplier.

Often Jeff contacts these two firms who immediately get involved and try to resolve the issue.

So, if you're having problems try emailing these guys. They don't bite.
They want buyers to be pleased with their purchase and maybe recommend them.

www.mods4cars.com for SmartTop.

www.WindRestrictor.com for WindRestrictor.

And if you haven't used either it's time to visit those websites.
Lots of goodies to be had.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Cheers for the links @Avel Du, or Myk as you are known to your friends.

I don't (yet) have an @Windrestrictor wind restrictor, being currently confined to the MB issued fabric version, but this is in the pipeline for a future mod.

I do have a SmartTop though, and you may have read that I have had some issues with mine - only minor ones though in that it doesn't always do as I expect. Windows (front and rear) sometimes stay up, are sometimes down, sometimes fronts are up, but the rear quarters stay stubbornly down. I hadn't considered asking www.mod4cars.com, but, as a result of your timely reminder, I may well do so.

Much thanks

John

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,876 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the links @Avel Du, or Myk as you are known to your friends.

I don't (yet) have an @Windrestrictor wind restrictor, being currently confined to the MB issued fabric version, but this is in the pipeline for a future mod.

I do have a SmartTop though, and you may have read that I have had some issues with mine - only minor ones though in that it doesn't always do as I expect. Windows (front and rear) sometimes stay up, are sometimes down, sometimes fronts are up, but the rear quarters stay stubbornly down. I hadn't considered asking www.mod4cars.com, but, as a result of your timely reminder, I may well do so.

Much thanks

John
Myk is fine John (didn't we meet at a Doni breakfast? I seem to remember a wet post brekky run))

Just remember that both companies are stateside.

I suspect that they'll figure the problem out pdq.

Worth keeping a note of what you were doing, or trying to do for each event.
Helps them problem solve.

Hopefully it will all be good soon.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
I really don't want to hijack the thread, but (at least on the R171 version) there are different settings for windows up or down depending on whether you're using your remote or the interior button to lower the roof. I think there's also a setting to set how the rear windows behave too... If you don't get chance to contact mods4cars before we meet next, I'll have a look at the settings with you, if you'd like?

In the meantime, here's the link to the operation manual for the R172 version:
http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/db/smarttop/ext/support/manuals/mercedes/STHFMZ2/operation_v1.4x/en.php

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't want to hijack the thread, but (at least on the R171 version) there are different settings for windows up or down depending on whether you're using your remote or the interior button to lower the roof. I think there's also a setting to set how the rear windows behave too... If you don't get chance to contact mods4cars before we meet next, I'll have a look at the settings with you, if you'd like?
I must train you how to Hijack.

Jeff can confirm my expertise>:D

That relates and John may be a happier man post meet.

The sage of pressing too quick when first ST'd.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Thanks to @dbgrn and @Avel Du. Yes Myk we have met several times . @Bluebadger and Lynn have talked at great length about their addiction to kipling bags!!.

I appreciate the info about the settings for the windows up and down - I'm pretty sure that the settings I have are right. I always want all windows (front and rear) UP after opening or closing the roof - my issue is that it doesn't always happen - but I'd be grateful if you would have a look, possibly at the Donington meet next week if you are there?

John

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
. . . . . but I'd be grateful if you would have a look, possibly at the Donington meet next week if you are there?
Yes, I'll be at the Donington meet next week... see you there! :tu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts