Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered and recieved interior paint from Germany made by VOLICO.de. I was going to do it myself but I found a professional who does work for car dealerships and he does private jobs too. He is in my driveway right now and although I was concerned about it being cold 4' Celsius (32 F ) he says its fine.

He just came in to tell me that it appears the interior has been painted before as he is cleaning off the loose paint and the parts that were already repainted are having the paint come off. He wanted to know who did it as he might now the guy. I told him I didn't know. I bought the car from the original owner who lives in London Ontario which is about 3 hours away from here.

I am hoping it comes out good. I certainly didn't know it had been done before so the last guy did a good job in terms of blending it in although it hasn't lasted but then again who knows how long its been. The car is from 1998 and if it only has had the interior touched up once so far I guess that is pretty good considering the problem other people have reported.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
What color and how much did you pay for the paint,, if I may ask.
Iv seen $40+ for a littl 3oz bottle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What color and how much did you pay for the paint,, if I may ask.
Iv seen $40+ for a littl 3oz bottle.
I ordered the touch up pens first and for 3 of them 1 charcoal or anthracite and 2
scarleted or salsa red for a total US $102 (includes shipping and tax). Then I thought the job was too big for just the touch up pens so I ordered two 100 ml (3.3 ounces).
bottles of the red for a total of US $73 (includes shipping and tax). With the CDN dollar being so bad it cost me another 25% in exchange. . That and what I am paying the fellow doing it right now its going to cost me about $500 in total.

On top of that I am having the outside buffed and waxed and touched up on Saturday in a shop which is going to cost be another $500.

Bought new summer tires that I put on just before it snowed this week for another $680 (Continental DWS06).

All of the above plus I had to buy all the grease and lubricant for the hinges and seals this week.

Its been an expensive month but I am going to drive and enjoy it as much as I can while I can.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He just left and it looks brand new. He told me to wait a week and condition the leather. I can't drive it until tomorrow. I will put up after shots later today. Here are the before shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After interior touch-up

Here is the finished product. Took almost 5 hours and the man was a professional. I think it would have taken me a couple of days at least.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He used the pen for the very small spots and a mouth atomizer for the bigger spots. It was quite impressive. I had never seen that type of paint sprayer which he managed to control without making any sort of mess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.