Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have difficulties finding original front brake calipers for the SLK350 (I´m planning on upgrading my SLK200) They do not show up in either ATE or Brembo catalogs.

However, I found this site, http://pbbrakes.com/ and I wonder if anyone is using kits from them? The price is quite cheap, so I wonder over the quality. 4-pot system for SLK350 cost about 1300$ for a complete front set, including discs, bolts, hoses etc.

They even have 6-pot and 8-pot system, and they come in different colours.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Truth be told I have never heard of them...

What most people here do is upgrade their 200 brakes with stock 350 calipers and rotors. There is a post here somewhere about the conversion process.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. But it seems like the stock 4-pot front calipers are hard to find. All spare parts sites here in Sweden show a 1-pot sliding caliper as the standard one. I have even checked the Brembo Aftermarket catalog, and they do not list any calipers. Neither does ATE.

I have found one place that have the 4-pot calipers as refurbished, but they want the old 4-pot in return, and since I don´t have them, it´s catch22.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
They seem to have some decent write ups from a few trade magazines. I say give them a shot and let us know. You will be a first for the forum, someone has to be first. :)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say that it´s quite risky to buy two calipers for about 800£, from a 1985-1994 E-class, not knowing if they will fit on a 2005 SLK.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the problem with your current brakes?
Actually, I don´t have any problems with them, but would like to upgrade to the "Sports Package" size. That is the same brakes as on the SLK350, if I understand it correctly.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
IIRC, the ones (brake calipers) that fit the CLK AMG will fit on the R171: I do not know if there is any major cost advantage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.