Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got any pics of your car at the track coming over a hill and getting the tires off the ground????

How about a pic of your car up on a lift from the underside?

I was laying on the ground up under my car cleaning the back inside of my rims and thought about not seeing any pics of the undersides of our cars.

Maybe lay a video camera down facing up and drive over it?

What kind of variations can we come up with for pics of our cars from different angles?

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Dear SLKman, please be the first who is jumping with his SLK. If you´ve done it more than a hundred times I will think of to do the same :eek:)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Dear SLKman, please be the first who is jumping with his SLK. If you´ve done it more than a hundred times I will think of to do the same :eek:)
:biglaugh: I'm with you! And just who would get close enough at the track to catch the underside of my ride while I was airborne? Still, it will be interesting to see what this thread produces. Maybe 412driver can piks up his wid his trakter. Sorry 412...couldn't resist :rb

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Ynot, do you have your own lift? When we build our place in TX, I plan to have a 2 post lift. Can't wait!

...only $1495

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Ynot, do you have your own lift? When we build our place in TX, I plan to have a 2 post lift. Can't wait!

...only $1495
No, don't work enough under the car to justify buying one. Don't need the space either. I have a 3 car garage and three cars. :) That was at a muffler shop getting my exhaust installed.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, I know you have seen cars with all 4 tires, inches off the ground, from a side angle picture. That is what I am talking about in my first sentence. No major jumping. LOL

Then I went off in another direction about pics of the underside of your car.

NOOO, I do not think you would be fool enough to try and jump over someone to take a picture of the underside of your car.. DUH!!! LOL

Hey, but you never know????

The lift is how the previous owner stored my car before I bought it. I did not think to get picks of it on the lift before buying it. Kinda wish I did.

Ynot, Your pics of the under side of your car are the first I have seen. Good job!

Ok. Who wants to hold the camera while I jump over you?:biglaugh:

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i got my front tires of the ground once on a backroad going to work in the morning. Wasnt paying attention and i drive the road all the time. There is a sudden hill and drop i usually get down to about 35mph from about 60 to go over it, was just out of it and hit doing about 62.

Luckily i didnt bottom out, and i didnt hear any scratching as the front end didnt dip to much. But i definatly went more then just the suspensions full travel. no harm done! :)

It would of been cool if someone had randomly took of photo of me doing it, and then managed to track me down and show it to me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We had a hill going into a nearby town where I grew up that was perfect, almost. 25 years ago I enjoyed it on my motorcycle regularly as well as a couple times in a Porsche. You would hit a 35 mph curve just before between 80-90 mph and get up a little over 100 at the top (short hill). The front wheel would lift and carry almost all the way across the flat top and then as it dropped off the backside, you'd be airborne for 20-30 meters down the back. Never got any pictures, just had too much fun riding it to think about stopping with a camera.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
oh never left the ground in my slk, wouldn't want to wreck it.
my caterham leaves the ground regularly as it is so light, ony thing is the nose dips massively on it, as no weight in the back, but the Bilsteins can handle it. no pics tho im afraid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.