Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our oldest Teen Terrorist is now a working Betty.:smile::smile: Last Week she started College and on Friday she found a Job nothing fancy just Retail working in an Aquarium Store getting paid Minimum Wage since she is interested for a while in Fish and Aquariums etc etc she made an afford to do what she can working at that Indy Retail Store.

She came home Friday all proud telling us the got the job and the manager told her she would start her out on the Top and work her way down to understand every Aspect of the Fish Store. And the Manager sure did .... A tall
step stool and brushes to clean all the fish tanks in the store.:grin::grin:

Oh well it is her 1st job she learns how to handle $$$ pay for her own Gas Tires Air Filters etc etc.

She got up this morning at 8 am to go to work at 9 am for another Day. I could not help it .........but say.... Have a nice Day at work..... and remember this is how it will be now for the next 50 Years.... Welcome to been an Adult.........:grin::grin::grin:

Boy you had to see her sad face when she pulled out of the Drive Way I just giggled because I remember when my Dad told me the same thing 34 Years :|:|:surprise:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good luck to her on her new job....... I am sure she will do just fine... I remember when my son got his first job...

And he doing well working in Washington DC for the past 2 1/2 years

jnc1948 Charlotte NC

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that she always will hit me up for $20.00 and my Car Keys for Life.:frown: It was one of them proud/sad Driveway moments......proud that she is on her way to become a responsible Adult sad because it made me feel old in a way.:crying::crying:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I understand that she always will hit me up for $20.00 and my Car Keys for Life.:frown: It was one of them proud/sad Driveway moments......proud that she is on her way to become a responsible Adult sad because it made me feel old in a way.:crying::crying:
This is one of those memories that will stay with you for ever.. like her first day of school.. etc etc..

Great news that she is working..so sad when youngsters are given so much that they do not need to "struggle" even a little.. character is built from having to do what you may not choose to do.. and to do it well and with good grace...
You are right to be proud of her... and I wish her every success..:x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts